What is network operations? Network operations encompass all the activities required to implement, observe, and manage a network. Often centrally run from an internal or outsourced NOC (network operations center), this team is the control center for monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining complex hybrid network infrastructure, including servers, databases, firewalls, network components, and cloud. Successful NetOps ensure traffic that flows over the environments they manage is always available and fine-tuned for the requirements of each application and service their organizations deliver.
Simplify NetOps with NetBrain
Managing your NetOps doesn’t have to be a tedious, time and labor-intensive endeavor that exhausts your IT resources. NetBrain’s networking operations solutions give your staff the tools to proactively address even the toughest network management issues.
NetBrain will support your operations network management via our automated diagnostic technology, outage prevention system, and other solutions. Gain superior visibility over your operation network, document anything and everything that may impact your enterprise, and monitor your assets like never before.
Increase Insight into the State of Your Network’s Operations
By providing you with better insights into your network’s operations, NetBrain empowers your team to streamline governance and compliance operations. Network operations center governance and best practices has become more important than ever due to increasingly stringent regulatory requirements across all major industries.
Regardless of where you find yourself in your NetOps journey, NetBrain can accelerate your maturation and promote business continuity.
Our tools were purpose-built for network operations roles and responsibilities within the financial and healthcare sectors. As such, we’re able to provide exceptional time to value and help you maximize your return on investment while making the day-to-day management of your network easier than ever.
What is a network operations center (NOC)?
A NOC is the centralized management structure, often in a centralized facility, that brings IT professionals together with all of the technology required to support any network on a 24×7 schedule. It is the front-line operations hub for protecting organizations from network disruptions and failures.
Network operations perform a number of duties including:
- Installing network infrastructure and devices
- Patching the network to keep all of the software and devices updated
- Enforcing policies that govern network design, performance, and connectivity
- Troubleshooting the network and devices connected to the network
- Implementing and managing disaster recovery systems
- Monitoring and managing network security software
- Managing physical and virtual firewalls
- Auditing the network and maintaining compliance
Benefits of Network Operations
Whether internal DIY or managed as a service, NetOps teams provide a critical function in any organization. The advantages a NOC provides include:
- Rapid response and recovery of any incident that affects the delivery of services to users
- Continuous monitoring of the network’s performance
- Maintenance of network and security policies
- Reduced downtime and disruption
- Improved efficiency and cost of operations
- A single source of truth and real-time reporting
- The ability to scale a network faster to keep pace with business needs