Nov 29, 2016
Latest Release, NetBrain Enterprise Edition 6.2, Delivers Industry-Leading Network Automation and Programmable Network Operations
Burlington, MA, November 29, 2016 — NetBrain Technologies, Inc., provider of the industry’s leading network automation platform, today announced the general availability of NetBrain Enterprise Edition 6.2, a ground-breaking release which enables network teams to troubleshoot network problems more efficiently and collaborate more effectively. Built on NetBrain’s map-driven automation platform, this release features a powerful new capability called “Runbooks” which allows network engineers to easily codify complex network processes and make them both executable and shareable, for improved collaboration.
“Today’s enterprises are facing unprecedented challenges when it comes to their network investments,” said Lingping Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NetBrain. “The emergence of new technologies such as software-defined networking and the rise of complexity brought on by the Internet of Things, puts increasing strain on organizations to troubleshoot and defend their networks. Through the power of Runbooks—executable programs that engineers can quickly build and share—NetBrain is making network operations truly programmable by helping IT teams to automate complex network operations with unprecedented efficiency.”
Today, NetBrain’s award-winning network automation platform is used by over 1,500 customers worldwide—across all industry verticals—including more than one-third of Fortune 100 companies. Powered by dynamic mapping capabilities, thousands of network engineers rely on NetBrain every day to automate network mapping, accelerate troubleshooting including slow applications and security posture, and orchestrate the delivery and analysis of network changes. Key features of NetBrain Enterprise Edition 6.2 include:
- Runbooks, an executable set of procedures that network engineers can build and run to save time and improve collaboration. Instead of relying on traditional Runbooks, where knowledge is often found on paper or isolated to a few team experts, engineers can now digitize those processes into lightweight, executable applications, thereby accelerating troubleshooting time while distributing the workload of advanced tasks across multiple team members.
- Instant Qapp, featuring powerful drag-and-drop capabilities, which enable network engineers to quickly decode network design on a live network—without any programming—thereby saving time and improving efficiency.
- New API enhancements, which advance NetBrain’s vision in becoming a single pane of glass for all network data. New capabilities include the ability for NetBrain to integrate with third-party data sources and for outside applications to leverage NetBrain’s map-driven interface.
- User experience improvements, which now make NetBrain easier to use than ever. Key enhancements include a more modernized user interface, enhancements to the Qapp Visual Programming environment, and auto-update capabilities to streamline the delivery of new software releases.
- Scalability and interoperability enhancements, which expand support for very large networks, new virtualization technologies, and a broader set of network vendors.
NetBrain Enterprise Edition 6.2 has been implemented at several customer sites and is now generally available. To learn more about this latest release, visit www.netbraintech.com/product/. To experience NetBrain, download an instant trial for free at www.netbraintech.com/download-instant-trial/.
About NetBrain Technologies
Founded in 2004, NetBrain is the market leader disrupting the network automation space. Its ground-breaking automation platform leverages the power of dynamic maps to provide CIOs and network teams with end-to-end network visibility while enabling adaptive automation across the organization’s physical, virtual, and software-defined networks. Today, over 1,500 of the world’s largest enterprises and managed services providers leverage NetBrain’s platform to automate network documentation, troubleshooting, and change management. NetBrain is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, with offices in Melville, New York; Sacramento, California; Munich, Germany; and Beijing, China. For more information, visit www.netbraintech.com.
SVP of Global Marketing