Follow these critical steps to a successful self-upgrade:
- Sign up using the form to be placed on our exclusive self-upgrade customer list. Our Upgrade Team will provide a new NetBrain Release 11 activation within the “My Company” page for your organization within 5-10 business days.
- Download the NetBrain Release 11 software and documentation in the follow-up response from the Upgrade Team.
- Review the System Specification Guide and validate that your NetBrain environment meets the documented requirements and remediate any issues prior to attempting an upgrade.
- Review the System Upgrade Guide applicable to your current NetBrain version and confirm any additional steps or packages required for your environment (Linux OS upgrade, Linux 3rd party dependency package, etc.).
- Confirm the availability of all usernames and passwords as required by the System Upgrade Guide.
- Confirm that you have root access (Linux) and Administrator access (Windows) to your virtual machines to successfully execute the upgrade.
- Temporarily disable any Virus scanner that may be running on your Linux and Windows machines prior to upgrade.
- Ensure that valid SSL certificates are available and in hand, if applicable.