June 7, 2018
NetBrain to showcase latest innovations as Diamond sponsor at Cisco Live in Orlando, June 10 to 14 at booth #1951
BURLINGTON, Mass., June 07, 2018 – NetBrain Technologies, Inc., provider of the industry’s leading network automation platform for more than 2,000 enterprises worldwide, including one-third of Fortune 100 companies, today announced the general availability of version 7.1 of its award-winning enterprise solution for network engineers.
NetBrain Integrated Edition 7.1 furthers NetBrain’s mission to enhance every IT workflow with better network visibility and automation. This milestone release contains new capabilities including integration with Cisco ACI and support for software-defined networking (SDN), enhancements to its Dynamic Mapping and Runbook Automation technologies, and infrastructure innovations including a cloud-based deployment model and an expanded set of REST APIs for rich third-party integration.
Named a representative vendor in Gartner’s Market Guide for Network Automation for the third consecutive year, NetBrain will showcase Integrated Edition 7.1 at Cisco Live, Cisco’s annual IT and communications conference, in Orlando on June 10-14 in booth #1951. At the event, NetBrain will demonstrate how its visibility and automation technologies integrate with IT workflows including troubleshooting and diagnostics, cybersecurity, change management, and SDN network management.
“Enterprise networks are becoming increasingly complex and hybridized, requiring greater visibility and efficiency across all IT workflows, to ensure optimal network performance,” said Lingping Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NetBrain. “NetBrain Integrated Edition 7.1 is a seminal release that continues our vision in helping network teams to achieve visibility and automation when it comes to troubleshooting, securing, and changing their network environments. The NetBrain platform provides enterprises with a single pane of glass view across their physical, virtual, and software-defined networks, while integrating with a rich ecosystem of technology vendors to automate their IT workflow tasks.”
NetBrain Integrated Edition 7.1 Innovations
NetBrain Integrated Edition 7.1 introduces powerful enhancements to its Dynamic Mapping and Runbook Automation technologies to deliver enhanced visibility and automation. Dynamic Mapping helps network engineers to automate network documentation and understand hybrid network design, while Runbook Automation helps engineers to document and share network knowledge, while gaining insights from “just-in-time” diagnostics. Key innovations include:
- SDN and hybrid network support: With its powerful integration with Cisco ACI, engineers can now visualize their SDN network alongside their traditional networks, including overlay and underlay dependency mapping and application traffic flows across the hybrid network.
- Problem-based monitoring: Through the ability to schedule automation to run at customized frequencies, NetBrain now enables network teams to continuously monitor for underlying faults, to identify problems, and to proactively enforce best practices.
- Multi-vendor, multi-stage automation: Engineers can now “daisy-chain” NetBrain automation, enabling the execution of complex, multi-step diagnostics in a simple manner. This release also introduces a “write once, execute anywhere” framework where automation steps for one network vendor can be executed for any other supported vendor.
- Self-documenting runbooks: When engineers run diagnostics against the network, their process, along with their findings, are now documented automatically inside executable runbooks, enabling rapid sharing and collaboration during troubleshooting escalations.
- Improved network knowledge-sharing: Engineers can organize the network from any context through pre-defined maps—for example, by device type, routing design, and more—to document tribal knowledge and improve knowledge transfer across network and security teams.
In addition, NetBrain Integrated Edition 7.1 features significant expansions to its set of northbound and southbound REST APIs. This allows NetBrain to easily integrate with a wide variety of third-party platforms—24×7 monitoring, IT service management (ITSM), security and information event management (SIEM), and more—to provide a single pane of glass view for all network data and enable “just-in-time” diagnostics for troubleshooting, security, and change management workflows. Finally, this release introduces distributed computing enhancements including support for cloud-based deployments.
NetBrain Integrated Edition 7.1 is now generally available. NetBrain customers can request upgrades by emailing [email protected].To learn more about the NetBrain platform, visit www.netbraintech.com/technology.
Founded in 2004, NetBrain is the market leader in network automation. Its technology platform provides network engineers with end-to-end visibility across their hybrid environments while automating tasks across their IT workflows. Today, more than 2,000 of the world’s largest enterprises and managed service providers use NetBrain to automate network documentation, accelerate troubleshooting, strengthen network security, and implement network changes—while integrating with a rich ecosystem of partners. NetBrain is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, with an office Sacramento, California, and operating subsidiaries in Munich, Germany; Beijing, China; and Toronto, Canada. To learn more about NetBrain, visit www.netbraintech.com.
NetBrain® and the NetBrain logo are registered trademarks of NetBrain Technologies.
Corporate Ink for NetBrain