The Basic System Benchmark task can regularly collect live data as baselines to build topology, calculate paths, device groups, sites and MPLS Virtual Route Tables. The network data to be retrieved are predefined in the task and the task will be executed on all your domain devices by default. You only need to enable the task and
schedule the run time as follows:
Log in to Domain Management page.
In the Domain Management page, select Operations > Schedule Task from the quick access toolbar.
Under the Schedule Task tab, select the Enable check box for the Basic System Benchmark entry.
Click Basic System Benchmark and specify the execution frequency for the task in the Frequency tab.
You can also view or change the settings predefined in the other tabs of the workflow. See Benchmark Task Settings (below) for more details.
Benchmark Task Settings
This chart introduces all the settings that you can configure to meet your needs when you customize a benchmark task.
Set the execution frequency for the task. By default, the recurrence is only once.
Note: To make sure thast the task can be executed on time, both the time settings on your machine and the NetBrain Application Server (Web API) must be consistenet with the Local Standard time.[/su_column][/su_row]
[su_row][su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]Device Scope[/su_column] [su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]Specify the device scope to execute the benchmark task.
• All devices – select all devices in the domain. • Device Group – select devices by Device Group. • Site – select devices by Site.[/su_column][/su_row]
[su_row][su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]Retrieve Live Data[/su_column] [su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
Specify the data to be retrieved during the benchmark test, and you can set a threshold limit for data retrieval.
• Built-in Live Data – refers to the basic device data used to build your domain and topology, such as configuration files, route tables, and so on.
• Path NCT Table – refers to the data tables parsed from live data and used to calculate A/B paths.
• IPsec VPN Table & NAT Table – only used for the CheckPoint Firewall. Note: Before retrieving them, you need to go to Operations > Checkpoint OPSEC Manager to configure the Checkpoint OPSEC Manager.
• IPsec VPN Table [Real time] & NAT Table [Real time] – used for device types except the CheckPoint Firewall.
• Other NCT Table – other tables parsed from live data.
• Extend Data Selection – refers to data types used for other usage.[/su_column][/su_row]
Build Topology – select to build topology after the benchmark task. The required data for each topology type is as follows. Make sure that the corresponding data is selected in the Retrieve Live Data tab.
• IPv4 Layer 3 Topology – ARP table, MAC table, and NDP table.
• IPV6 Layer 3 Topology – IPV6 data in the Extended Data Collection category.
• Layer 2 Topology – configuration files and NDP table. Note: If you want to build Layer 2 topology, you need to select both layer 2 nad IPv4 Layer 3 Topology.
• Recalculate Dynamic Device Groups – recalculate the system device groups and device groups created via dynamic search.
• Recalculate Site – recalculate the sites added via dynamic search =in the Site Manager. The site overview map will also be updated.
• Recalculate MPLS Virtual Route Tables – recalculate Virtual Route Tables for the MPLS clouds configured with dynamical calculation.
• Build Default Device Data View – update device data in the default data view.
Run Data View Template – select data view templates to run and create data views.
The system will run the data view templates to retrieve data for the data views. You can browse the generated data views in the Data View Manager and apply the data views on a map to view device data.
Run Qapp – select Qapp files to run and create data views after the benchmark task. You can browse the generated data views in the Data Manager and apply the data views on a map to view device data.
• The selected Qapps will be executed as per the frequency of the benchmark task, regardless of the frequency configured in the original Qapp file.
• If the selected data sources have conflicts between the benchmark task and the Qapp file, the data source defined in the Qapp will be used.
Preview the settings you configured in the previous steps. To make any changes before submitting the task, click Back To Edit.[/su_column][/su_row]
Note: The topology building process, data views, and Qapp-based operations are order-senitive. You can adjust the order by moving your mouse poionter over the entry and clicking the icon to select Move Row Up or Move Row Down.
Logging In to Domain Management Page
In your web browser, navigate to http(s)://<IP address of NetBrain Web Server>/. For example, https://10.10.7.131/
Enter your username (or email address) and password.
Click Log In.
Click the domain name from the quick access toolbar and select Manage Domain.